Friday 12 February 2016

February 12, 2016

Bob: It has been a wonderful day. The weather has been cold and the wind has been blowing. I sit here now listening to it howl outside and the temperature reading 14. It is headed to a -7 tonight with a high of 10 tomorrow and 13 on Sunday. Then we go back to the 30s except for a couple days over the next 10 days. We should get some snow too but it is supposed to be mostly showers.
The first thing I did this morning was pick up the Brampton North elders and took them to the Rosedale storage unit. The Brampton Zone Leaders met us there and we emptied out that unit. Took several tables and some miscellaneous items to the Salvation Army. Then we took 2 very big and heavy desks to the dump. The remaining items from the unit we moved to the Hurontario storage unit. So after combining the two units there is still all kinds of room within the unit. I'm going to take a picture of it and post it with the picture of the unit when it was full. There is quite a difference. Basically all we have stored is some book shelves, 3 desks and 3 sets of twin bunk beds. There are some other items but that is mainly it. Got rid of all end tables, coffee tables and all upholstered items. I think we'll begin reducing the number of missionaries in the coming months which means we'll have to store some items or give it away. I am keeping only the basic items per the approved furniture list. The missionaries might drag in used items from other sources even though they are not supposed to, but I won't be storing them when we move out of that apartment. It will go to Goodwill or the dump.
Did a preliminary run through of the rent payments for this month and that went pretty well. Going to double check it Monday and see if I can spot any mistakes. Don't want to be paying for an apartment that we are closing. Did that once already, but the landlord returned the checks (there were 2 apartments belonging to the same landlord).
Bonnie's sister, JoAnne, posted a video on FB of memorable Church General Conference events. It really brings back a lot of memories and touches the heart.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I really wasn't cold tonight as we did the shopping. Of course, I had on all of my layers and thermal underwear. We bought a King-sized comforter tonight with shams and a bed skirt at Walmart. I'm not sure I like it. The colors are grey and purple. It will take some getting-used-to if we keep it. Bob wants to get out of the apartment tomorrow, but I'm not sure I want to do that. The roads were icy as we were coming home from Walmart and they will probably be worse tomorrow because of the dropping temperatures.
What was amazing was that we left just before 5:00 from the office!! I did most of the shopping before we got home, all except for the Walmart trip. I really like leaving by 5 and having a relaxing evening. I hope all of you are safe and warm and relaxing tonight, too.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment