Monday 3 August 2015

August 3, 2015

Bob: As I sit here (9:27) it is already dark outside. The days are quickly getting shorter. By next week it will be dark when I walk in the morning. Don't know if I want to do that. There are treadmills downstairs, so I think I'll take a look at them. The sign says the exercise room is supposed to be closed till 7 am, but I'll give it a try anyway. It is directly under our apartment. No one else would hear anything but us.
Drove to Orangeville today and signed another lease. It was a nice drive as the road is 4 lane most of the way, but not divided. The maximum speed is 80 KM. Today was a major holiday in Canada and the highway patrol was out in full force. I believe I saw 9 troopers with cars and motorcycles pulled over. The drive is only about 25 KM each way. Told some people that I thought Orangeville was having their fund raiser today!
We left work at 5:30 today to go to the monthly dinner at the Ludlow's. They had everything set up outside on the patio. I would estimate 25 to 30 people. It was a nice evening to eat outside and then sit around and chat for a while. The Temple President, his wife and 2 sons were there. His sons are high functioning adults with disabilities. One has Downs Syndrome.
Tomorrow we will find out personally about the Canadian healthcare system. Bonnie has to make an appointment and have someone check out her eye. She has a swollen left eye with a lot of discoloration around it. She asked the nurse about it tonight and she immediately said, "You need to see the doctor tomorrow!" She said the clinic will take our Aetna insurance. We'll find out tomorrow.
Hope your day has been fantastic and that tomorrow will be even better.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Yes, I will have to go to the doctor tomorrow, something I don't want to do, but need to do. The skin around my eyes itch something awful. It's swollen and red. My makeup doesn't cover it anymore, so I guess I have to do it :).
We had a surprise meeting with the Clayton's today. That is always a pleasure. And there were several missionaries in and out--always fun. They put lots of "tender mercies" on the candy jar. I'll have to put them in the binder before MLC because I figure there will be lots of sticky notes with many more "tender mercies" that day.
It will be a very busy day at the office because it's the day before MLC and I have to get out all of the supplies for each zone. I also have several other things that I need to do, like the flyers for the ESL classes. I envision me getting us some fast food for dinner and Bob and I staying until 9 or 10:00 tomorrow night. And this time MLC will be in our building because of some maintenance at the Brampton Stake Center, where it is usually held. That means a busy day all day Wednesday, not just at 4:00 and after. The Erickson's will be doing the waffles and Bob and I will fill the treat platter in the big office, but we will also have to help Sister Clayton with breakfast and lunch. The missionaries will eat well that day!
It's late so I will sign off. May the Lord bless you all!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment