Monday 10 August 2015

August 10, 2015

Bob: We made it to Brockville and back okay. Elder Erickson and I left at 7 this morning. I think we got there between 11:30 and noon. Packed almost everything up by 2:00 and headed back. Gave away a chest of drawers with an attached mirror. The Elders will be back there Wednesday to get a microwave and some dishes, plus a few odds and ends. Got everything in the trailer except the couch and 2 rocker recliners. Put those on the back of the truck and tied them down. After all, it was a hot and cloudless sky when we finished. But as luck would have it, on the way back it clouded up and rained off and on for over half the way back. Needless to say that the things were soaked when we got back. Unloaded them into the storage shed. Will take a look at them tomorrow and unpack the rest of the trailer then too.
Bonnie came home early and had a hot meal waiting for me when I got home at just past 7. We pulled into the parking lot here at the apartment at exactly 7 on the dashboard clock in the truck. Glad Elder Erickson went with me to keep me awake and drive some. Without him I would have had to stop and take a short nap or two.
Bonnie went to the store to get some milk, fruit and a few other things. She let me stay and rest. I've been over a lot of road the last 2 days. Got to get to work and catch up on several things. The biggest tender mercy is I don't have to go back to Brockville. I thought at the outset I might have to make a second trip.

Bonnie: I loved coming home early today, but it was rather scary because of the rain. I've only been in rain that heavy one other time, in Georgia. It looked like rivers of water, and we saw a car slide as it went through some of it. Needless to say, we traveled slowly home, Sister Erickson and I. Coming home early gave me a chance to cook a good meal for Bob, which I enjoyed. But, the best part of the day was when  Brother Goldthorpe who is over the CES (Church Educational System) came by. It was great talking to him.You could tell he loves what he does, working with the youth in Seminary and the young single adults in Institute. I felt his love for the Lord as we talked.
Well, Bob and I are going to head for bed early tonight. May everyone have a peaceful, restful night.

Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment