Monday 24 August 2015

August 24, 2015

Bob: Just got home a few minutes ago. We had a senior couples gathering tonight at the mission home. Bonnie and I barely made it. She told them she would bring brownies and deviled eggs. Last night she decided she should make the eggs up today just before we went. The plan was to quit work at 4:00 and make the eggs up in the kitchen at the Mission Office. Well, another 2 couples were helping her get orders ready for MLC on Wednesday at 4:00 so she couldn't stop till they left at 5:00. Then we had to rush to the kitchen, peel the eggs, make up the filling, etc. and then drive there. We ended up getting their at about 5:55. But there was one other couple that showed up after we did so we weren't the last ones there. This goes in cycles though as we were the first couple to the Bishop's Fireside last night.
Tomorrow we meet at the Mission Home at 9:00 for some training and lunch. Then we're headed to Niagara on the Lake. Have a tour planned and some sightseeing to do. We'll have to return in the evening to the office to get the rest of the MLC items ready, but with 4 of us working it shouldn't be too bad.
Weather seems to be a little cooler than just a week ago. Kind of reminds me of last summer when things got colder in August and never got real hot again. Temperatures are supposed to rise to only 71 tomorrow with 12 mph winds. Better take jackets with us.
Got some good news today from our cell phone supplier. I had emailed them asking about the price of the 'flip' phones we have and the length of the contract for the phones. They told me the price was $100 for a 3 year commitment or $300 for no commitment. I told our account manager that I didn't like the idea of paying $100 for a phone with a 3 year commitment when most of the phones start failing during the 2nd year. Well today she emailed me back and said the phones were going to drop to $50.00 on September 1st. I wrote her back that sounded better, but I was still concerned about a 3 year commitment. Then I called Salt Lake to see if they had anyone that could help us with the phone contract. They do, but he is on vacation till after Labor Day. So I am anxious to talk to him and see if we can work out something better for the Mission. I think Rogers, our present carrier, has the contract for all 7 missions in Canada. We will see.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: The deviled eggs were made with fresh avocado and turned out very well, except that I didn't have enough fresh lime juice and they could have used more salt. I'll never try that again, trying to make stuff at the office. I should just accept the fact that I won't have time to do much else other than missionary/office things.  I'm excited to go tomorrow to do some training and then sight-seeing, and I can wear pants!! The dress is casual. Tonight after our dinner with the other missionary couples, we saw some of the training given to the 70s by the Quorum of the Twelve about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. This training is supposed to be passed down to stakes and wards and ward councils. I am so glad to hear more about how the Brethren feel about the Sabbath Day. I love what was said. I think it is extremely important to  honor the Sabbath as our world gets more and more wicked.
We had a wonderful surprise tonight just as we pulled into our underground parking space. Shannan called! I called her back to save her money for long-distance calls. I got to talk to Beckham, Mia and Faith and Jonathan, Daphne and Suzy. Evie was not feeling well so I didn't get to talk to her, and Chris was home in Pennsylvania. I'm so glad she called. I love haring the voices of my grandchildren.
I hope all of you have a worthwhile day planned tomorrow, one that will bring you some joy!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment