Friday 14 August 2015

August 14, 2015

Bonnie: Today we were in the office by ourselves and it was a quiet morning until President Clayton came in with his wife, son, daughter and 5 or 6 grandchildren. It made me miss all of my grandchildren! They were so cute. And we saw a different side of President Clayton, which was enjoyable. We received a text from one of the mothers of our APs saying her birthday gift for her son was  delayed in customs and that she would pay for us to do something for her son on his birthday, which is Sunday. Now, that is fun--to spend someones else's money on a birthday surprise for a special young man. So, tomorrow we're picking up a cake and some balloons. When I talked to his companion about a time, he suggested that after church, during the munch and mingle, we go into a room and celebrate his birthday. They will have two investigators there Sunday, so they will be invited and we'll have the Erickson's there as well, and any other missionaries that are there that day. It should be great! I also got a call from the Bishop of one of our Elders who wants to send him some pants that he needs. He wanted his home address rather that the mission office address. I think it's a very nice thing that he is doing that for this Elder, who apparently does not have much family support, (or maybe it's just that the family does not have the means to help him out.)
Tonight Bob and I went to a movie, a first for us on our mission. It was great to get away for an evening and occupy our minds with something other than missionary things!
My hope is that all of our faithful readers have had a good Friday night, doing something they enjoy.
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Bonnie forgot to tell you that we saw 'Mission Impossible; A Rogue Nation'. It was pretty good especially the very last line. It begins with 'Welcome to..." You'll have to go see it for yourself to see what I mean.
Got some very good news today. A representative from Pitney Bowes called and told me that they were going to end the contract and reclassify the equipment as 'Lost Equipment' without any charge to us. That will save us over $9000 in lease payments for equipment we don't have. I told President Clayton and Elder Gillen about it. Both were very happy about it. I told Elder Gillen that they hadn't said anything about a refund of previous payments. He said he doubted if there would be a refund. I told him once we have the cancellation in writing I'll bring up the subject of a refund! They probably owe us a lot of money from years past, but if I can get back the 2 lease payments we made on this bogus lease I will be satisfied.
Bonnie has a lot planned for tomorrow. While she is out and about I am going to tackle the phone/text report. Started it today, but I couldn't get the Companionships to transfer over to the phone report. I think I have something formatted wrong. There is where I'll start. I think the phone numbers on the 2 EXCEL spreadsheets are in different formats. At least, I hope that is the problem.
Wish everyone a great weekend. Hope everyone is well.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment