Thursday 27 August 2015

August 27, 2015

Bob: Peaceful day at work. Just kept plugging away and got my desk and credenza cleaned off. Now if I can only keep it that way. Bonnie left a little early to go to the temple with Laura. I stayed till just before 7 so I could finish up some apartment arrangements. Got an application completed for a new apartment on Jane Street in Toronto. Elder Gillen just closed an apartment in May in the same building. Now the President wants to open the area again. We were able to get right back in. It should be fine. I thought we could get a real nice apartment on Bayview Avenue for 2 sets of Elders, but someone else beat us to it. The realtor sent me 2 more other leads, though, that look pretty nice. Called the Elders and told them to call the realtor and make an appointment for tomorrow. We need to get one of them if we can.
I got home just before Bonnie. Took her and went to Wendy's for my weekly baked potato and chili meal. She usually gets a salad, but tonight she opted for Tim Horton's soup and a wrap. The two stores are in the same building. I think they are going to get more of her business in the future especially when it gets colder. The cream of broccoli soup sure looked good though. I'll never know as she didn't share it!!
Hope everyone saw the 2nd post I put up last night with the pictures on it. Got a couple more below.

Gnarly tree we saw in Niagara-On-the-Lake

Sign outside a pub in Niagara-On-the-Lake
Bonnie:  It was a good day. I made three orders, one from Staples, one from the General Book of Mormon Fund and one from the LDS Online Store. We seem to get wiped out after MLC as far as Books of Mormon are concerned. Right now, we only have three boxes left. Sister Gillen said to always have at least at least 24 boxes so I ordered 23 more which will give me a few extra. It's really hard to anticipate what the missionaries will want at MLC and at transfers. I wish it didn't take so much time to receive the orders. That's the frustrating part. Oh well.
I had an enjoyable time at the temple tonight. The session was small, but I quite enjoyed it. I'm thankful that Laura wanted to go. 
One of our APs will be going home soon so there will be a new AP "in training" soon. It's fun to speculate as to who will be called to serve as the new one. There are so many excellent young men to choose from. 
Bob read that it will warm up the next few days. I sure hope so. We don't have any heat in the building and I am cold, even with a blanket on me as I write this blog. That broccoli soup from Tim Horton's was delicious. I wish I had some right now!
May all of you be warm this night!
Love, 
Mom/Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment