Monday 17 August 2015

August 17, 2015

Bob: Our work day ended in record time today. We left the office just after 5 PM. Bonnie said that is a record. But then we had Family Home Evening with the YSA Ward at 7:30. That lasted to just past 9. Took Gabriel Padron home then. He has only been home about 9 days from his mission to Mexico City. He gave his homecoming talk in Sacrament on August 9th. His sister gave her farewell talk the same today as she is now in Bolivia on her mission.
Had to get the the jack wheel repaired on the mission cargo trailer today. I think I told you about going to U-Haul to get it repaired. Anyway I looked online and found a dealer out about 4 miles from the city . So I took the trailer and went out there today. He put a new wheel on and sold me another receiver for the van and the total was less than 75.00. The last time we had the jack wheel repaired it cost over 300.00. But that was done by a mobile repairman. Anyway, today the guy put a new wheel on and said that we shouldn't be driving with the wheel on. He said that is a dangerous thing to do as it could damage the receiver. Then someday we could be driving along and hit a tiny bump and the trailer would become disengaged. Didn't think about it right then, but I'm going back tomorrow and have him inspect our hitch. Want to pull the trailer about 7 hours on Wednesday and Thursday. Don't need it popping off the ball.
Today is my brother Eddie's birthday. He is 78 years young. Called him tonight and he is planning on having his cake and ice cream about 11:00 tonight. A big bowl of ice cream is his nightly medicinal intake to stabilize his sugar he says. The doctor says his A1C is as low as it has ever been. So the prescription must be working.
Wish everyone a great day, especially you, brother.
Love,
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It was great to get home so early today. We actually ate dinner before 7 pm tonight. Tomorrow will be a much later day because we'll be gone Wednesday and Thursday and so we will have lots to do tomorrow in preparation for that.
I'm in for a week-end of cooking. Saturday I have to prepare food for the Munch and Mingle and a special fireside on Sunday at the Bishop's house. Then, Sunday morning I will be cooking for a special Senior Missionary retreat that is Monday and Tuesday of next week. All of the Senior missionary couples are invited, including the temple missionaries. Then, the next day is Wednesday and it will be MLC. We are in charge of the waffles. That means preparing lots of fruit. Making the waffles is not hard. When it rains it pours! Oh, well, I love to cook, and haven't had the time so I will be making up for it!
May all of you find the time to do the things you love to do!
Love,
Mom/Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hi!Bonnie,
    I apologize for this but can you write to me your mailing address? I have a birthday card to mail to you the end of the week but have misplaced your mailing address. I will be at Bonnie Joy's using her computer to retrieve it. Thanks and I am sorry.
    Bon. Joy and I plan on scrapbooking for 10 days, plus she and Travis are getting away for their anniversary while I'm there to babysit. All four kids are in school all day now so I should get some scrapbooking done.
    Steve's at Education Week and really enjoying it, but I am packing. When you return let's do E.WK together.
    Must feed Steve his lunch. I like reading your blog. Just don't don't work to hard.....
    Love you,
    Bette
    P.S. I have made some choice "finds" in Dad's family history stuff. I am trying to organize it and see what all is their - like reading Mom and Dad's love letters....

    ReplyDelete