Tuesday 18 August 2015

August 18, 2015

Bonnie: I have been home about 5 minutes and it's 9:20. Bob just walked in. Tomorrow we are going to a place about 8 hours away to close down an apartment. We're spending the night at a Bed and Breakfast on an island in Lake Huron. I had to stay late tonight to put in a big order for MLC and to order the business ESL cards or, believe me, I would have been home alot sooner. We are taking the trailer and truck so we can load up furniture. It will actually be nice to have this break. Friday will be a long day,though, because we will have to catch up on what we missed. Anyway, I'm kind of excited to see new country.
We came home to a new counter-top in the kitchen. As Bob says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It looks nice, but they aren't done. One of the doors below the sink needs fixing. Maybe that will happen while we are gone.
So, tomorrow, I will continue reading the Book of Mormon while Bob drives the truck. Bishop Finnigan has challenged everyone in the ward to read it by the end of the month. That means roughly 18-20 pages a day. It gives one an interesting perspective to read it that fast.
May you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. We love you all!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Bonnie might have been home sooner, but I wouldn't have been. Been a long day. After the initial rush we had a meeting with President Clayton. Then I went with 2 Elders to unload the trailer. Took them to McDonalds afterwards. Then I took the trailer back out to the shop I went to yesterday and had him look at the hitch to make sure it hadn't been damaged when the jack wheel got knocked off, twice. He said it was good to go. Gave me a new pin to hold the latch closed and didn't charge me anything today. Said I could buy him a double, double sometime. My plan is to take him a dozen donuts and a Book of Mormon the next time I go.
Anyway, left his shop and drove downtown to deliver a queen size mattress and box springs to the guy that wouldn't let us use the box trailer to go to Brockville. The mattress barely fit on the elevator and the box springs wouldn't fit. Had to carry it up 3 flights of stairs, but we were able to do it pretty easily. Then it was back to the office. Got there a little past 3.
Got a call from our realtor about an apartment. The landlord is only allowing the missionaries to use the laundry 2 hours a week and not after 9 am.The realtor called about it and he said if we don't like it give him notice and move. We have the rent paid till October 31st, so I know what I am going to be doing on October 31st.
After I finished at the office I had to go back to the storage hut and put away a king size bed frame. Had to call Bonnie and get her to stop as my building key was in her car. So we caught up to each other and finally got home.
Tomorrow will be about a 7 - 8 hour drive with breaks and then we'll load the trailer. Doubt if we will have much time to sight see, but we'll try. Going to 1172 Richards Street, Richard Landing, ON. You can find it on google maps.
Well I have to pack a few things. Have a good night. Don't know if we will have internet tomorrow night or not, so there may be no posting.
Love to all,
Dad/Bob

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I want to send you some pictures. Is your mailing address still: 624 Wanless Drive, Brampton ON L7A 0A7 ?

    ReplyDelete