Wednesday 26 August 2015

August 26, 2015

Bonnie:  Well, another MLC is over! It went well, very busy as usual. How I love these missionaries! It's not easy to do what they are doing, yet they have faith that the Lord will help them, and He does. Probably the most important person they convert is themselves. It's great to work with them.
Because we were gone all day yesterday, Bob had to work late again tonight. We got home about 9:00. Tomorrow I  hope will be a shorter day. In fact, the temple has reopened and I may do a session with Laura and leave work a little early. We'll see.
Well, I have about 65 pages left to read of the Book of Mormon and the month is almost over, so I better get reading.
My love to all,
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob:  Bonnie is right, it was very busy today. I'm trying to get 2 leases signed and completed plus the North York Zone Leaders are looking at a new apartment tomorrow. I really would like to get it and move 2 sets of missionaries into it. We have several apartments to close the next couple of months. One of them is a seniors apartment up in Bancroft. They told me they have 2 bedrooms full of furniture, Ugh! Don't know where we'll put it. It doesn't seem to be slowing down much.
I had to have Bank of American cancel the church credit card I use. It appeared to have some fraudulent activity on it. Today I got the new card by special delivery. There was a sticker on the card saying call xxxxxx to activate your card. So I called the number and spoke to a service person. Gave her all the information and finally she said, 'Your card is a large business card. We aren't authorized to activate the card. You need to call xxxxxx, but I can transfer you'. So I got transferred. Had to enter information. Then I got to listen to my card balance, card limit, last payment, etc, etc. After that I got a list of options.  Finally an option to talk to someone comes up. I opt for that. The phone rings and an automated message says, 'Your call cannot be completed. Please hang up and call back.'
Gave up and went back to fixing waffles for the Elders.
After everyone ate I thought I would try to activate the card again. Everything happened just as before. So I hung up and called back. Got someone finally. They activated my card and he finally said 'The card is activated. Would you like to have the PIN number.' I don't know, no one has ever asked me for a PIN. Well I can send the PIN by mail or you can get it at our website. I'll get it at the website. (I should have known better.) Enter your user name. Don't have one, Then get registered. After several entries I finally found my PIN. -- Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds; maybe I'm just old and out of patience! It's sure fun to growl about it though.
It feels like fall is getting closer as its only 61 outside right now. Checked the weather forecast and the coolness is not going to last. Tomorrow is supposed to be 72 and then for the next 9 days it is between 80 and 90.
Well, I have rambled on long enough. Time to get ready for bed. Hope everyone had a great day.
Love,
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment