Monday 7 November 2016

November 7, 2016

Bob: Good evening everyone. We have had a very slow day missionary wise. The sister we wanted to see today was not home so I took Bonnie for a short drive out to Mowat's Landing. I thought besides showing her the place I would take some pictures. However, our camera was dead as a door nail when we got there. As we started back there was a sign that pointed to 'White Pine Lodge'. I have never heard of it so down the lane we went. When we got to the end of the road there was a guy relaxing on the top of his 4 wheeler in the Fall sunshine. I got out and talked to him about the area. He said he has been exploring here for 20 years. He pointed out the lodge across the lake. I later looked it up on the WEB and it looks nice, but too expensive for two people for an extended stay. Anyway I gave him a Mormon.org card.
Tonight we had an appointment with another less active, but he forgot about it. At least we were smart enough to text him and not drive 20 miles to not find him home.
This morning was a bad hair day for the First Mate. She told me her hair 'whorl' was a problem. I had no idea what she was talking about so she explained. I can't remember her saying anything about a whorl before, and besides her hair looked great to me. I told her I am so glad I wasn't born a female because I would probably go crazy as a woman. Women have too many things to worry about. I don't think I could handle it.
Well it is time to get ready for our trip to Brampton. We leave in the morning and come back on Wednesday. We'll be getting flu shots and I'll get an A1C test while down there. Hope your Monday has been great. Our day here was bright and sunny with pleasant temperatures. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  It has been a slow day. But at least we are ready to leave for Brampton early tomorrow morning. The temple session is at 3:00. We should be able to get there and change in time for it.
We may not have a blog for tomorrow night, however.
I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. I know that tomorrow is voting day in the US. What's interesting to me is that many of the Seniors who live here will be watching the results of the election tomorrow night! I can't believe how impassioned the Canadian's are with this election!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment