Sunday 9 October 2016

October 9, 2016

Bob: Noticeably cooled today. The high today, 44, was yesterday's low. However, when we left church around 2:30 it didn't seem that cold out. I believe the highs will be in the 50's all week.
Our furnace just kicked on and it's set on 75. That's the 2nd time since we got home that it has run.
Bonnie and I had speaking assignments today. She worried and spent several hours putting it together. Last night I sat down and put on paper some thoughts I had and asked her to let me go first. I thought I might use up about all the time and she wouldn't have to speak. I talked to the Branch President and told him Bonnie had a 10 minute talk, but I might use up most of the time. I suggested that if I was just a little short he could stand up and say something about Thanksgiving. Sacrament ends at 11:45 and I talked till about 11:48. So I was able to get her out of speaking today. That should repay some of my past errors.
It's very late so I will end now. Hope you had a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I went prepared to speak today and then, as Bob wrote, he took up more than enough time. I'm sure I will have to give the talk sometime soon.
I spent a good part of the evening cooking for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at Villneff's. I'm bringing a mashed potato casserole, which I made tonight, and two desserts--pumpkin bread and a pecan pie. The bread is done and I will make the pie tomorrow. The Elders will also be there so it will be a nice group. It seems odd to be celebrating so early. I will make an American Thanksgiving dinner the end of November for the Elders who are all from the States. I will enjoy that!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Sabbath.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

PS: The Blue Jays are moving on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment