Thursday 6 October 2016

October 6, 2016

Bob:  We went to Karl and Patsy's today. I left with Karl around 9:15 to go get a load of firewood. He cut the wood with a 24" chain saw while I collected it at the trailer and then stacked it in the trailer. It probably took us about 3 1/2 hours to get this loaded.
Once we got back to the house he and I went out in the boat to see if the fish will bite better in the cooler weather. To our amazement the pike were very active today. By about 4:45 we had caught about a dozen pike and one walleye. We threw all the pike back, including one Karl caught that was close to 28 - 30 inches. I think he had made up his mind he didn't want to clean any fish. But we did keep the walleye. It would make a small meal for Bonnie and I, but we left it at their house.
Right now I am so tired I must go to bed. My legs, back and right elbow are all sore. We were using a bar to raise the logs off the ground for cutting. One of the logs shifted and flipped the bar which hit me in the elbow. If the bar had hit me in the head it might have been a very bad thing!
Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: It was a quiet day for Patsy and I. She is still getting over the flu. We went to the garden and dug up some carrots for dinner. We gave the carrots and potatoes a good washing and then cooked them for dinner, along with a roast. I'm glad I brought some brownies because it is Karl's birthday today! It made for a nice dessert.
It's time for bed so I'll close. Have a good evening!
Love, Mom/Bonnie


Firewood stacked in trailer


Trailer with the firewood

No comments:

Post a Comment