Friday 7 October 2016

October 7, 2016

Bob: Planned on starting the day off with a swim. On Fridays the pool opens at 8 and has a public swim till 10. But they decided to change their schedule today!! I got there after 8 because it took me quite a while to get ready this morning. Once I got to the the pool I found out the public swim was only till 9 today. Thus I couldn't go swimming.
Yesterday's service project with President Jakob wore me out! And when I woke up this morning I was so tired and my blood sugar was way low. After getting something to eat and knowing Bonnie wanted to do the shopping, I had her drop me off at the pool at 10:00. I was able to get my laps in, but it tired me out.
In the afternoon we went to see Sister Roxanne LaPointe. We have been referring to her as Sister Wilson, but she has taken back her maiden name after her divorce. Bonnie was very patient with her and invited her to read the Book of Mormon beginning with chapter 11 in 3rd Nephi. She said she would try. We'll check on her next week.
On the way back I stopped at the NAPA garage and asked about a gasket for the oil drain plug. They told me they would change my oil for the price of the labor since they don't use the brand I have and I have bought the oil. So it looks like I'll be stopping in there next week to get it done.
We then delivered a couple meals for Meals on Wheels. Bonnie spent a lot of time talking to Olga while I went back to make sure they had given us the correct meal for her. She is diabetic and the meal was not marked as such. Turned out okay though.
When we got home I had to lie down as I wasn't feeling well. After a short nap and some chili things began to get better.
It is now time to retire. Hope you have a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Bob has done a nice job of recounting our day. The only other thing I did today was to start on my talk for Sunday. It was quite good to visit with Roxanne, too. She is currently attending church with her brother, but really wants to know which is the right Church. I hope we can help her with that!
Have a great week-end, everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment