Sunday 6 December 2015

December 6,2015

Bonnie:  We've just had a great Sabbath Day! There is nothing like hearing the testimonies of the YSAs. They are deep and humble. We had 6 YSAs ask for rides today. We were hoping that with help we could get them all there. Unfortunately, the couple that two of the young men called couldn't get them a way to church today. This breaks my heart. I don't know what to do.
We are about to listen to the Christmas Broadcast at 8:00 tonight. I'm anxious to hear it.
I have been fasting that all of the packages sent to our missionaries will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. We need about 90 packages, but I will be happy if we have 60 show up on our doorstep. December Zone Conferences begin on Wednesday so that's the reason for my desire to have the packages arriving by Tuesday evening.
Tomorrow is our monthly feast with the Ludlow's. That will be a treat for sure. And we can see all of our Senior Couple friends that are close enough to come. We actually have 4 very festive events this month. And one of our APs would like to have an office party! We'll see what happens there. Besides the dinner at Ludlow's there will be a Senior Missionary Couple dinner at the Mission Home with Clayton's. Then, Bishop Finnigan is having a party for the Senior Advisor couples that serve in our YSA ward. And then there will be a regional YSA Christmas party on the 19th. I will making alot of food! But, that's some of the fun.
May everyone have a great week this week.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: We just finished listening to the 1st Presidency's Christmas devotional. It was really good and came in over the Internet just perfectly. I was concerned that it would buffer occasionally or have hesitation to it, but it was fine.
As Bonnie said we had 6 people needing rides to church this morning. Two of the young men didn't show up for church and one of the three we were to pick up went to an earlier meeting. So we ended up with only two. I think the Bishopric is working on calling a ride coordinator and it would really help. We asked one couple today if they could give the YSA in Mississauga rides and they said sure. Another advisor who had never been asked to give someone a ride took a young man home when the Elders asked him. I believe there are others willing to help we just need to put together a program.
My son-in-law, Scott Crossley, was able to cut the tie between AT&T and me today. In fact, they gave him an extra Gig of data for the same price he had been paying. He said he should have cut me off sooner!! I wish he could have. Anyway, I feel relieved to be done with those @#$^%&*!!
Well I had better close for now. Hope your Sabbath Day was blessed. Love to everyone and good night brother.
Dad/Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment