Saturday 5 December 2015

December 5, 2015

Bonnie:  We just got back from taking a car to some missionaries and bringing a truck back to the mission office. It's almost 10:00 pm. I'll let Bob tell about that. Last night we had our friends from our Branch in Temiskaming spend the night, Brad and his daughter Kayla. Kayla had to take the SAT this morning and because the computer is right next to her bedroom, we didn't want to keep her up by using it. It was wonderful because Brad brought homemade spaghetti sauce, noodles, salad, bread sticks, and the best part, his mother's homemade butter tarts for dessert! We were barely  home 5 minutes from the office when they showed up. Another wonderful thing about it is that there are left-overs, so I don't have to cook much this week. After dinner, Kayla studied for her test and we went to the temple to do sealings. Brad had some important ones to do, (though they all are!) and Bob had four from two years ago to do. It was a great way to spend the evening!
And today was a fun day for me because I had no cooking requirements (we went to Flips for a late breakfast) and the apartment is presentable as far as cleanliness. So, I went shopping!
I will let Bob finish up. May all of us feel the Savior's love for us tomorrow as we partake of the sacrament (the heart of the Sabbath, according to Sister Marriott). I love you all!
PS: Happy Birthday, Lori! And congratulations to Magnolia HS for winning the State Championship!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Final score: Magnolia 62 - East Hardy 0. I don't understand this one. Last week East Hardy ran over St. Marys, who lost to Magnolia earlier this year. The Magnolia -St. Marys game wasn't that much of a blowout. Sometimes that funny shaped ball takes wierd bounces.
Had to go get the pickup and trailer from the Ossington Zone leaders tonight. They moved out of their apartment and into another one today. Google said about 63 minutes. But the route went down the Don Valley "Parking Lot". I knew that on Saturday night at about 6:45 traffic wouldn't be that bad!! Wrong again. I guess that is why it's called a 'Parking Lot'. They have a real good design. There is an HOV lane on the left side of the highway. (You don't think it's necessary that I tell you which side of the road the HOV lane is on? Found an HOV lane on the right side of the street later tonight!) Anyway, the HOV lanes splits into 2 lanes with one lane going to the 401 route. The HOV lane for the Don Valley Parking lot comes to a screeching halt and cars have to merge into a lane on the right. On the other side of the road a right lane is also ending so that lane has to merge left. You can guess what happens. The guy that designed this road had to put a lot of thought into 'how can I make this a permanent bottleneck???' He did a great job. And an HOV lane on the right side of the road! I have never seen that before. Don't know who thought that one up. It's a real big help with the buses stopping to load/unload every couple of blocks and people whipping out from behind the bus into the regular traffic lane.
Another thing the First Mate told me tonight. The Elders go to the public libraries to receive and send emails on Mondays. They have to take a letter with them from the Mission Office saying they live at such and such address or the library won't let them use their computers. So much for 'public' libraries.
And the final thing to make my day. My 2 year contract with AT&T ends today. They told me on November 11th to call them today, December 5, if I wanted to cancel my contract without an early termination fee. And being that I want to get as far away from AT&T as I possibly can I was more than willing to call them today. Funny thing happened though, they won't let me cancel the phone unless Scott Crossley calls them and puts a new security code on the account! Needless to say I think the AT&T service rep, Carlos, completely understands exactly how I feel about his company.
Enough rambling for now. Love to everyone. Hope your weekend is going great. Good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment