Friday 18 December 2015

December 18, 2015

Bob: Not a bad day. Most things seem to be going okay. We took the 2 Sister Missionaries from the YSA to Pizza Hut for dinner tonight. After dinner I dropped Bonnie off at one of her favorite stores, Dollarama. After she finished we finally arrived home. Then I did the wash while she went grocery shopping. A real fun way to spend our Friday evening!!
We have finally ended our contract with AT&T. They did give me credit for the additional month they were trying to charge me for. That is one good thing I can say about them. Right now I am trying to get my phone unlocked. The first attempt failed. They just said the information doesn't match. So we are trying again. Haven't heard anything back yet. A dear friend once told me he hated phone companies more than anyone he had done business with. Maybe he was a pretty smart guy.
Well it is late, so I will say good night. Love to all and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Last night's performance of the "Phantom" was awesome! The theatre is a beautiful place. It's called "The Princess of Wales" Theatre! There were some special side-effects, especially with the chandelier, that made it very exciting.I enjoyed walking downtown looking at all of the restaurants, trying to decide where to eat. We went into one, and the ladies coming out said, "Do you have a reservation? You'll need a reservation to eat here!" Needless to say we ventured farther up the street and came to a very nice looking French restaurant. It was a bit pricy, but delicious. And there was a woman singing songs and playing the guitar while we ate. The whole night was quite the experience!
Today our final count of those missionaries without any packages for Christmas came down to 12. So, we decided to each take care of 4. We will be putting a chocolate orange inside decorative bags and an envelope with cash in it. I bought the bags and tags for names and have some cash for my four presents. Since we know one missionary, a young man who kept score while Bob officiated, we will put more money inside his gift bag. I'm glad we are doing it. We've also arranged to deliver everything by Monday evening. Any packages that come after Monday will have to be delivered at MLC which is January 6th.
Tomorrow is the regional YSA Christmas party at our ward. I have made some Chrismassy jello salads for it. We will be picking up three YSAs, so I guess that means we're in for a long night tomorrow. I'm sure the food will be good. They are cooking at least 4 large turkeys for it. And the YSAs are supposed to bring the desserts.
Well, I've got to get to bed. My love to all of you.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment