Wednesday 23 December 2015

December 23, 2015

Bonnie: Well, we are finally in Atoona, Pa. It was quite the trip. It reminded me of driving in West Virginia, except there weren't as many sharp turns. I am glad Bob was driving because he is used to driving roads like that!! It is so nice not to have to worry about phone calls this week from missionaries! I mean I love them but I really need the break from the stresses of being in the office. Thankfully, we have the Cannon's there. If anything really strange happens they will call the APs, who in turn will email Bob. Sister Cannon will also email me if there is some problem that she can't handle. I look forward to a relaxing Christmas with Misty and Chris, their spouses and my sweet grandchildren. On Monday the 28th we will also be seeing Christian, Michelle and their boys for the Memorial Service that will be held in West Virginia for Bob's brother. I 'm so glad they are coming.
I wish a peaceful Christmas to all reading our blog. I'm so thankful for the birth of our Savior.
Love, Mom, Bonnie

Bob: The drive down was stressful. We got started a little late and then had to get off the freeway in Hamilton to give some Christmas presents to the Zone Leaders. They were late getting there so that took some time. Then when we got to the border it took 30 minutes to get through. There weren't many cars, but someone in our lane took about 15 minutes to get through. However, the line next to us had some really bad luck. They were sitting there waiting to enter the checkout area when one of the guards came up and put a cable across the lane shutting it down. I have no idea wht they expected the cars to do that were in line.
Then it started raining. It rained most of the way from then on. And when we got into the mountains in Pennsylvania it got really foggy. We were coming down one mountain in the fog, and Bonnie was getting upset because she thought I was going too fast. She thought the speed limit was 40 and I was doing almost 60. That was a special speed limit for trucks only!! We finally got out of the fog and she settled down.
We stopped at a Dutch Pantry to eat and they were super busy. One family finally got up and left without getting their order. While they were at the front desk telling the greeter they were leaving, the waitress came out of the kitchen with their order. She just looked over at the empty booth and said to the bus boy, "What happened to my table?" It took a long time for our order to finally come and they didn't serve Bonnie the chicken that she had ordered. But she enjoyed it anyway.
Finally got to Altoona and the Days Inn we had booked. We are really impressed with the motel. It is as nice a facility as I have been in. At check-in they told me it is only 2 years old which makes it verry nice. They had fresh cookies and warm broccoli soup for us, too.
Better get to bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment