Tuesday 15 December 2015

December 15, 2015

Bonnie:  I will begin the blog tonight and Bob will finish after I am asleep. I left the office early today because I'm not feeling well. He used one of the extra cars to go to Institute tonight in Mississauga. I am about to take a dose of Nyquil and then go to bed.
I had another call from a Mom today about a package that her son has not received. She was in tears telling me that it contained special things from her mother that has passed away especially for her son. She mailed it to his apartment and then he was transfered. So now I will have to track it down if I can. These are difficult situations and are not fun to deal with! I wish parents would follow our suggestions about packages. We also got a new Sister missionary today, an American who speaks Mandarin or Cantonese. She also is the driver for the twosome. I hope she can deal with the aggresive drivers and all of the heavy traffic here in Toronto. She is from Springville, Utah. She looked a little overwhelmed, as any of us would be in the same situation.
Sweet dreams everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: The instructor for Institute couldn't get to class tonight. The Bishop took his place and he did a good job. There were 4 YSA there and we discussed Alma 5 and his forty questions for the church. Very good discussion and some honest feelings shared.
The day didn't start well as the main street out in front of our building was blocked off for some reason. Whatever it was has not ended as it is still blocked. Almost everyone was late getting to the office this morning. We were supposed to start the training at 8:30, but Sister Skinner didn't get there till about 8:40 - 8:45. That kind of let us off the hook as we beat her there by about 5 minutes.
Found out today that the landlord in Timmins wants us to move by the end of February. The owner of the place is going to move in. So we'll be hunting another place up there. It's about 8 hours north of us.
Weather is holding up here. I think it is going to go down to freezing the next 3 days, but then it comes back up. Charlene told me tonight that the predictions is for 13 degrees Celcius on Christmas.
Well I had better get to bed. Love to everyone and good night brother.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment