Tuesday 29 December 2015

December 29, 2015

Bonnie:  We had a safe trip back to the apartment, and by 2:00 we were on our way to the office. Things were not too bad.  In fact, I was impressed with what Sister Cannon had done. It makes me feel good that I can leave and not worry much. Of course, it is different with Bob. He is pretty much indispensable. The Erickson's will leave early in the morning for southern California to witness the sealing of adopted twins into the family of their son and daughter-in-law. It will be a special event I am sure. I hope that between Sister Cannon and myself we can cover what she does in the office! Elder Erickson is always on call, unfortunately. There seem to be problems with vehicles fairly often!
I am thankful for the Christmas break we had. I have special memories of the things that happened and the feelings of love in our families. How blessed we are to know that one day we can all be together as a family! Let's all enjoy our families this season and always!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Brampton had a snow storm last night. When we got back there was snow everywhere. The temperature is above freezing so it isn't going to last, but looks like they got several inches last night.
As Bonnie said the trip was good. We enjoyed seeing Chris, Misty and Christian and their families. It was also good to see some other relatives at Eddie's memorial service.
But now that we are back there is work to do. The accounting won't take too long to get caught up on, but the apartments will take some time. We are trying to open new ones in Midland, Timmins, Temiskaming, Tilsonburg, Oshawa, Sarnia, another senior apartment, and another one that I can't think of right now. Thought I had it done when I left, but the Board of Directors of the Condo Association wants a statement that the tenants will be there for at least a year. Of course, we can't do that as the missionaries will undoubtedly move before a year. So it looks like we will start over on that one. And one of our landlords left me a message while I was gone that since we had an extra missionary staying at the apartment he wanted another $400 rent per month. Have to check that out tomorrow witht the President.
Well I am going to get ready for bed. Will have to get up in the morning and walk. Haven't done that in a week, so it will probably be a little rough rolling out of bed at 5:45. I think the earliest we have gotten up is 7:00 the last 6 days. Oh to be retired again!! Love to all, and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment