Sunday 20 December 2015

December 20, 2015

Bob: Long day. We ended up taking Sean to church. Picking him up takes about 20 minutes longer than if we went straight to church. On the way home another young man needed a ride home. He took us 21 kilometers northeast of where we needed to go. So it took an hour and 20 minutes to get home when it usually takes about 45. And there was some stop and go traffic, of course. I think one of the main pastimes in Toronto is sitting in traffic.
Bonnie baked some more butter tarts once we got home. Her first batch this morning didn't turn out too well. They taste okay, but the appearance is not good. She said she put too much filling in them and cooked them too long. The second batch looked a lot better. Then we made up some cookie plates and took them to some of the other missionaries in the buildings here.
It's getting close to our leaving and I still have an apartment I have to get ready for an incoming couple. Going to try to move things in on Tuesday. We'll see how it turns out.
I'll let Bonnie finish up. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I am so tired and I still don't feel real well. In fact, I had to leave Relief Society early because I couldn't control my cough.
Yesterday was a day of baking. I made Faith's Secret Recipe for Raspberry Thumbprints and peppermint cookies. Today, as Bob said, I attempted to make butter tarts and it turned out to be a fiasco. Because these were smaller than usual, I should not have let them bake so long. And then I put too much filling in them. So the second batch was much better, although I should have put more filling in these. Oh, well! The next time I make them, they will be perfect! We still have four plates to deliver, along with one for our neighbors across the hall. We don't even know their names but have had some nice conversations with them.
We are having an office party Tuesday which will be fun. We're doing it because one of the APs said he wanted one. So, we'll probably have pizza and bread sticks and soda pop to drink. We were given a huge basket of candy by one of the car dealerships, with enough cookies for dessert on Tuesday. That works out well!
We're anxious to head for Maryland and Pennsylvania for Christmas. We both need the break! We have a donation for those missionaries without anything for Christmas to add to what we have already planned. They will have a nice bit of money to spend over Christmas thanks to the generosity of our Bishop. I love to see the kindness and good will that this season seems to bring out in all of us. Hopefully, all of you have witnessed this kind of love in some way this Christmas. That's what it's all about.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment