Monday 8 August 2016

August 8, 2016

Bob: Very good day. Went swimming and increased my personal best. Problem is the pool is now closed for a week so repairs can be made to the slide. I'll probably regress some in that time.
Visited with a less active man, and a non-member spouse today. Had a good gospel discuss with each of them. The discussions weren't long, and neither objected, but they both contained a spiritual message. Hope we can build on those when we go back.
We also saw a couple from Brantford today. They just arrived and will be here a couple of weeks. We knew them from 2 years ago. As I was talking to the less-active man I saw them headed down the lane to their camper so I thought we would drop in as their 'home teachers'. When we left he said it would count as home teaching if I offered a prayer. One of the earliest times in the month that I've done any home teaching!!
Invited Brad and his daughters over for FHE but the girls were packing for a church trip tomorrow. Brad came over and had some of Bonnie's home-made brownies that she doctored up with whipped topping and ice cream. The brownies didn't get done in the center and she is trying to figure out why. One sister suggested that the cooking time and temperature need to be adjusted when using a glass baking dish. Any blog readers have an idea???
Well I had better close. Still have Murdoch to watch before bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Another good day. Bob did well writing about it. The only thing I want to add is that I got a new skirt and a sweater/jacket today at a consignment shop where the wife of a non-member works. I'm always looking for a good deal and this was it! Wearing the same clothes day after day is tiring, I think. So now I have something new to wear. I will have to give away lots of my clothes before coming home, but that doesn't bother me. Maybe a missionary or someone else will want to have them.
Have a wonderful evening, everyone!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment