Friday 19 August 2016

August 19, 2016

Bob: This has been a day of service. The first thing was cleaning up the outside of the chapel. We pulled a lot of weeds from the front yard, cut out many dead limbs from the shrubbery, cut back bushes that were growing out into the stairway, but didn't get much done on the main shrubs. The yard maintenance people showed up while we were working. I had called Henry Lau, the Mission PFR guy, and asked him why the yard maintenance people hadn't trimmed the shrubbery. He said they are supposed to do it twice a year, spring and fall. Everyone at the Branch says nothing has been done this year. I sent him some pictures and I'm awaiting a reply. Brother Sauve believes our Stake has to take care of their own shrubbery. This doesn't seem right to me. I saw many yard maintenance crews working on shrubbery at different meeting houses this spring.
Next I went to Brother Sauve's house and helped him put up some drywall in his bathroom. His house is small and they have only 1 bathroom. So while the bathroom is being remodeled his has rented a porta-john. His daughters are real happy with that!! They are staying at his ex-wife's house most of the time now. She lives about 1/3 of a mile away. I helped him all afternoon and got home at 5:00. My knees are so sore. One time I was down on the floor putting screws in the drywall. When it came time to get up I could barely get up.
After dinner we went to Bucke Park with Brad. He and I tried catching some pickerel with pickerel rigs, but we only caught one little one that we tossed back. Brad caught it.
Well it's time to get ready for bed. Have a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: There were five of us working outside the chapel today, which was nice. It went rather quickly. Then, we went to the OPP to pick up my police check and get Bob fingerprinted. It took quite a while. He had to answer lots of questions. Then, the machine did not like any of Bob's fingerprints! They tried all 10 fingers. That means he has to be checked out by someone above the jurisdiction of the Temiskaming Shores OPP. It goes to the provincial level next, which means another two to three weeks. Crazy!!
While Bob helped Brad I did the shopping and worked on my french lessons. It was nice having the afternoon to myself. As Bob said, we ended the evening with a trip to the lake-shore. It was quite relaxing which was just what Bob needed.
Elder Ballard is here tonight in Brampton. He will speak tomorrow morning to the missionaries and then at 3:00 to all of the ward and branch councils. It will broadcast to our building. It's so exciting to have him here! It will be a wonderful week-end.
I hope everyone has a great night and day tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bonnie reading and Brad fishing

Bonnie and the 2 poles we were using

Some of the shrubbery problem

No comments:

Post a Comment