Saturday 13 August 2016

August 13, 2016

Bob: Not much going on today. It rained last night quite a bit and the temperature today is quite cooler. I don't think it made to 70, but it was still comfortable. We went berry picking and got about 8 cups because we only got the dregs of the patch. But I am hoping for a couple of delicious pies. May have to supplement with a few store-bought berries, but it won't make much difference.
This afternoon we visited Roxann Wilson and helped her move a couch so she could shampoo both behind it and under it. She didn't want us to help her finish the room even though we volunteered. There are 3 dogs in the house, so it won't stay clean for long. The carpet really needs replaced, but I'm sure she doesn't have the funds for that.
Tonight we were making things for the pot luck at church tomorrow. I cut everything and mixed up the macaroni salad while Bonnie worked on some soup.
That's about it for now. Hope your weekend is going fine. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: The reason we got only 8 cups of raspberries is because it has not been a good growing season for berries this  year. It has been too hot and there has been very little rain. We were lucky to get any raspberries. There are very few good blueberry patches this year, too. It's such a shame!
I had to go to a grocery store to buy some specialty sausage for the crock pot soup I am making for the Pot Luck tomorrow. I found out it's a Portuguese sausage that I need. Anyway, I ended up getting something else to use in its place. Then, I made up our special green bean and bacon recipe, with fresh beans given to us by the Branch President's wife. I'll bet  Bob is happy I didn't do any more cooking than that because there were lots of dishes tonight!
Tomorrow will be busy. We will be talking to the  Branch President, and his counselor and the Relief Society President and the missionaries. Elder Petrowsky will be going home, leaving for Brampton Monday, probably with Elder Vargas who may be transferred. I need an extra-large triple combination brought up here from the mission office by whomever will be coming up here to serve. It's for Sister Wilson. Anyway, we will have lots of people to see.
Tomorrow we are fasting for Elder  Ballard, at his request. He will be here next week-end, and he's got a super busy schedule. I wish we could be in Brampton to see him in person, but we can't. All of his general meetings will be broadcast for the Saints here, except for when he talks to the missionaries. That one will be put on a CD and sent to us and we're to destroy it afterwards!! Anyway, I think it's exciting to have an apostle come here!
Happy Sabbath tomorrow, everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment