Friday 26 August 2016

August 26, 2016


Bonnie:  It's been a full day. After a haircut and shopping for me, we went to find a less-active man. We never found his home but we had a beautiful drive along two different lakes. We found some fishing camps that Bob did not know existed. We also went to look at a historic fort, but only found a marker for it. The fort was moved to the Quebec side of the Temiskaming Lake, we figure. Tonight we visited with our friends the Villeneffs. We really like teaching them, and hope that one day they both will come back to church.
Tomorrow will be busy because we are preparing for the visit of our friends from Brampton, the Budgett's. They will arrive Sunday evening and go back Tuesday afternoon. I will be doing lots of cooking in preparation for them. It's something I love to do, though. And in the morning we will be picking blueberries!! That really makes me happy!!
May we all  have a great weekend.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: You can see pictures of the bears I took today below. We were on our way to Brother Evans down a dirt road that runs parallel to Lake Timiskaming. We rounded a curve and I saw our first bear about 100 feet in front of us. I couldn't get the camera out soon enough to get his picture. On our way back we turned off and headed down to see the site of old Fort Timiskaming. As we passed a turnoff to the left I spotted the 3 bears below about 100 yards off. I took several pictures but these 3 are the best. It was hard to get a good picture until I finally positioned the car window so I could rest the camera on it. Should have tried a little more zoom though.
We finally got to the fort, but there is just a marker and a cross (see below). I walked down to the lake and could see a similar cross across the lake at Ville Marie, I think. They have a little more to see over there. We want to go down as soon as we can before it gets too cold.
We did have a good visit with the Villneffs this evening. I believe he likes us coming around. He told us his door is always open if we want to come by. Each time we have been there he makes the effort to walk us out to our car and say good bye.
After the berry-picking in the morning I will help Brad put the bathtub/shower combo in his bathroom. We were going to do it tonight, but his uncle was in the hospital and the family was gathering. He passed away this evening.
A recent picture taken of two of our favorite missionaries at the last temple session for returning missionaries is below. Elder Erickson went to Utah county and Elder Barlow to Davis County.
Hope your day has been wonderful. I feel blessed to have 'shot' 3 bears in one day. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Momma Bear

Momma and twins

Historical Marker for Fort Timiskaming

Cross at Historical Site


Elder Erickson (left) and Elder Barlow (Right)
(Two of our favorites that just went home to Utah)



No comments:

Post a Comment