Monday 22 August 2016

August 22, 2016

I POSTED A BLOG FOR AUGUST 21ST EARLIER TODAY (22ND). OUR INTERNET WENT DOWN LAST NIGHT WHILE WE WERE WRITING THE BLOG.

Bonnie:  We did lots of planning this morning. Then, I went visiting teaching with Sister Cambridge. One of the sisters was not home, so we went to see Sister Huywan. It's always a joy to see her. She is the sister who just turned 95 years old. It was great to visit with her. Shortly after I came home we left to see the LaRonde's. Bob gave the August home teaching message to them. Then, we left to have dinner with the Wiwchar's. This last name is Ukrainian. They are a stalwart couple and were very helpful with several questions we had about less-active members.
Tomorrow we have many people to see in Kirkland Lake, Larder Lake, and Englehart, the Lord willing. May you all have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Not much to add to the day's activities as listed by my sweet companion. But, while she stayed home I took the time to go swimming this morning. Started right off at 14 laps, where I finished 2 weeks ago. I didn't think I would be able to swim that many, but it was okay.
We have our Activity Night planned for Wednesday. I showed the apartment manager what Mormon Message we might show and he was okay with it. I invited him and his wife. They are newly-weds without any children. There are several people who meet in the common room for afternoon tea. I told one of those ladies what we doing on Wednesday night and invited her. I also asked her to let the others in her group know they are all invited. Our plan is to share a spiritual thought from the scriptures, show a Mormon Message, play some games and share some cookies, etc. We'll see how it goes this week and then start inviting some of the less actives.
We will have a busy day tomorrow. Hopefully we'll find a lot people at home.
Well, time to retire. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment