Sunday 28 August 2016

August 28, 2016

Bob: Made the trip to Val d'Or today. We left about 7:05 - 7:10 from New Liskeard and pulled up behind the church at 9:42. Does not take quite as long as everyone says. But our driver wasn't letting any grass grow under his wheels. On the way back we found a short cut that saves about 10 minutes. Looking at the map I think there is another shortcut right in Rouyn that would save some time also. So if we go again we'll try it. The service was very small. 1st and 2nd Counselors in Bishop, Bonnie and I, 2 Elders, 2 children, 1 investigator, and 6 sisters. And it was mostly in French, although President Ochs, who spoke and taught the combined PH/RS meeting would occasionally review in English what he had said in French.
The Budgetts got here just before 7:00 tonight. Planning on visiting the Jakobs with them tomorrow. The women and children are going berry picking. The men are going to try to reduce the fish population. Hopefully we can catch enough to have a fish fry tomorrow night.
Well, we had better get to bed. Hope you had a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I don't have anything to add, other than I was asked to lead the singing in Sacrament Meeting! I'm so glad I know the little French I do. It really helped me sing some of the words of the songs correctly. It was a very good  Sabbath Day for us.
May we all have an even better tomorrow!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment