Tuesday 6 September 2016

September 6, 2016

Bonnie: Today we had a long visit with a couple in Temagami, about 45 minutes south of where we live. He is the Branch mission leader but has seriously declining health. It's a beautiful place. Then, we stopped in to see another couple, the Benns, She is quite old but is working full-time at a consignment shop to help out a friend. Thankfully, the shop is just around the corner from where they live. I asked her non-member husband today if he believed in God. He waffled a bit, saying sometimes. I then told him that I believed in God and that God loves him. I don't know if that helped him feel anything or not but I  hope so. After dinner, we stopped to find our friend Bonnie H. who volunteers at the hospital. She talked and talked, showing me her house and yard. She won't be able to come to our Activity Night tomorrow night because of another commitment. Oh, well. We keep trying.
We ended the night by watching more of the missionary broadcast we were asked to see in preparation for Elder  Arnold. There is lots of great information to digest. Hopefully, we can put it to good use! We will be leaving Thursday so we can attend the Zone Conference Friday. I'm excited to hear what he has to say.
It's late now, and our bedtime, so I'll let Bob write a few words.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Set the clock last night and got up before 6 to go swimming. Problem was there is no swimming on Tuesday mornings!! I was about half way ready when I realized this was Tuesday. Went back to bed for about an hour. Felt good! After I got up I went for a 30 minute walk with Bonnie, and another 30 minutes by myself. I don't think I walked nearly as fast as Saturday and Monday.
Brother Benn is trying not to be a religious person. I sense, however, he feels the spirit occasionally. We will keep trying with him.
Tried to see two others tonight, but they did not answer.
Time for bed. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment