Friday 16 September 2016

September 16, 2016

Bob: Started off the day with a brisk walk to the church and back. I was gone for an hour and seven minutes. I know I walked for over 4 miles but I'm not sure how much. It was a cool morning, but I had a good sweat up when I finished. Glad Bonnie was washing clothes this morning.
We went to Kirkland Lake today. We had to finish up our home teaching route. We visited the Cushman's in Englehart, John Korhonen, a potential investigator in KL, Krystyna K, Cindy M, Sandra S. (who wasn't home), and Michael D all of KL. Then we went to Elk Lake and visited the Jakob's. I helped President Jakob fix the clothesline before we gave them the lesson.
We left this morning about 10:15 and got home a little before 8:00. It has been a tiring day. Tomorrow morning we will be leaving at 9:00 for Sudbury, which is about 2 hours and 40 minutes away. President Shields is having a meeting with the missionaries and showing the Elder Ballard DVD at noon.
We won't have internet access tomorrow tonight so there won't be a blog tomorrow. Will do the blog on Sunday. Have a great weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: Bob has summed up our day. We had some interesting visits. This evening I have been trying to prepare for our Stake Conference tomorrow and Sunday. Because I have been given the "assignment" to be a counselor in R.S., I should go to the Leadership Training at 1:30 tomorrow. The problem is we may not be done with the  Elder Ballard DVD. It will be interesting to see how things work out. In preparation for the training session I am supposed to read part of Handbook 2. That will have to happen on the way to Sudbury. Then we also need to be prepared to bear our testimonies Sunday morning. We are to talk about why we chose to go on a mission and some of the blessings we have received. I'll be glad when it is over!
I  hope everyone will have a wonderful week-end!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment