Thursday 15 September 2016

September 15, 2016

Bonnie: We  have been treated very well by members of the Branch today! We were taken to lunch by the  Branch President's wife to Wendy's (Bob choice, of course). Then we went to dinner at Trudy and Jack's. She made a delicious stew with pork that had been cooked all day, mashed potatoes, cole slaw and homemade rolls. And, of course, her famous pie for dessert. We did do some missionary work in between, meeting a less-active brother at the hospital. And after dinner we went to help the first counselor and his non-member wife wife work on their remodeling project. I got to scrub paint off of the bathroom floor and Bob got to scrape paint off of the hallway floor along the edges where it had seeped under the tape. I am tired out tonight, although I can't understand why.
Tomorrow we will spend most of the day up north, in Kirkland Lake, Englehart and Elk Lake. It will be a long day, I think.
I hope all of you have had a fulfilling, wonderful day!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob:  Started today with a 45 minute walk. The air was brisk and cool this morning, but I didn't go far before I had to take my sweatshirt off. It is really nice in the morning because the air is so clear and clean.
Next on the agenda was a PPI with Brother Wiwchar. It took quite a long time, but proved successful I believe.
Then we had lunch at Wendy's (my favorite). Met a non-member, Roy Dittman, husband of the Branch President's less-active sister. He was with Tom Cambridge, the 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency. They are partners in a local furniture-making business. Roy asked Tom if Bonnie and I were serving because we joined the church in our later years and had to make up time!! Tom assured Roy that we were doing this because we want to be here. We also met Cindy Caron, another less-active, in Wendy's. We got her husband's name and their marriage date so we could update the records at  the Branch. Bonnie got to talk with her for a minute.
We later went to Jack and Trudy's for a very good home cooked meal. I hope Trudy can teach us how she makes rolls!! They were huge and delicious. Then we went to help Tom and Susan Cambridge at their house. Bonnie mentioned our chores there.
Below is the picture I promised from last night. Don't know exactly what Norm is going to do with this culvert, but I do know he is not afraid of hard work. We'll go by next week and see what he has done.
I sent our income tax papers to our tax accountant today. I hope I sent him everything because I accidentally knocked the scanner/printer off of a chair and onto the floor this evening. I figure it is toast.
I hope you have had a wonderful day. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob
Villneff's culvert

No comments:

Post a Comment