Friday 6 January 2017

January 6, 2016

Bob: In case you don't look at Facebook I had to post this story tonight:
I heard a story today that proves to me that God does have a sense of humor. It goes like this:
'And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then He made the earth round...And he laughed and laughed and laughed.'

We attended the District Meeting with the Elders this morning. It was a Skyped meeting with the Elders from Quebec, Timmins and Sudbury. It was pretty interesting until the roll play. Don't care much for that.
This afternoon we visited Sister LaPointe. She just got back from a Christmas vacation trip to Chatham to visit with her family. She took the bus because she does not have a driver's license. She had to do an all night layover in Toronto going both directions. She tried to book a room in a hostel and had quite an experience going each direction. At least on the way down she got a room, but had to pay more than she expected. On the way back they wouldn't put her up as she didn't have a drivers' license. Ended up spending the night in the bus depot. She said the chair in the depot was softer than the bed in the hostel.
When we got up this morning the temperature was -11°. It warmed up to 1°. When we got home it was -9°. Present temperature is -16° and that is about as cold as it will get tonight. Looks like the high tomorrow will reach 12°.
Took the picture this morning looking eastward towards Quebec. The white 'field' is actually a frozen Lake Timiskaming. The land mass on the left is Dawson's Point, Ontario and it points to an island. The land mass barely visible between Dawson's Point and the island is Quebec.
That's about it for today. We send our love to all. Stay warm. Good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I enjoyed District Meeting today. It helps me to keep on track! 
I am so thankful for a warm coat, mittens, scarf, and the ear muffs I got from a sister missionary going home. I'm also grateful for the extra warm boots that Roxanne gave me. Add to these things, thermal underwear and extra warm tights and that's how I am keeping warm. I count these blessings every time we go anywhere, especially the last few days. 
I think Bob took a beautiful picture below.
May everyone stay warm, as I see that the temperatures are low in many places in the States!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Frozen Lake Timiskaming

No comments:

Post a Comment