Wednesday 4 January 2017

January 4, 2017

Bonnie: We've had a rather uneventful day. I got my hair cut by one of the less-actives in our Branch. When we got home we decided to go to "Tea", with our bottles of water and some leftover Christmas candy. It was enjoyable talking to some of the other Seniors in our building. Part way through, Bob got a call from one of our Branch members who was stuck in the snow a few blocks away! He jumped up and went to help her. Luckily, it didn't take too much time or effort.
The snow has fallen steadily for over 24 hours. The main roads are clear, but not the side streets. Bob worked outside shoveling the parking lot behind our apartment for at least an hour this morning.
Lake Temiskaming is frozen over and has a thick layer of snow on it. We hope to get a picture of it soon to put on the blog. It amazes me that a lake as big and deep as this is can have so much ice on it during the winter.  As soon as it is thick enough, there will be lots of fishing huts on it for ice fishing.
Brrrrrrr! May we all be warm and snug in our beds tonight!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: While Bonnie was getting her hair cut I tried contacting 2 potential investigators, but did not get an answer from either one. Left one message and the other phone just rang and rang. Will have to try again tomorrow.
It snowed between 6 and 8 inches over night and very lightly most of the day. I don't think there was much accumulation after 11:00 this morning.
The lady I helped who was stuck in the snow was trying to back up too quickly. She had spun all the snow off the ice and was sitting on ice. She was trying to back up a very slight embankment. I had her pull forward off the ice about 5 feet. Then I told her to back up slowly and not give it too much gas. As she did so I shoved the front end and the car backed up into the cleared lane. Then she was off.
Talked to our Medicare Supplement insurance man in Utah tonight. We signed applications for new plans and emailed them to him. However, I don't expect this to go smoothly. They will be looking for our Medicare coverage which at the present time does not exist. That is to start March 1st, the same as the Supplement so they will never find current proof of Medicare Coverage Part B. We'll see how this all works out.
Also, we went to the library today to return Season 9 of the Murdoch Mysteries. Season 10 is now in progress on TV. I found a site on the internet that has the current season on file. We viewed the first show tonight. It is a little out of sync, but at least we'll catch up with the current season.
After we are released from our mission, I'm planning on attending the boy's basketball tournament in Charleston, WV before going to meet Bonnie at Lori's in Florida. My brother Eddie's son-in-law, Bobby Ueltschy, will be there with his two boys. He has a room reserved for Bonnie and I at the Microtel. I have been checking prices on line for months and did not like what I was seeing. So today I called the Red Roof Inn and asked about a room there for 5 days. It is 4.8 miles further away from the basketball venue and does not offer a breakfast. The charge for the room is less than half of what the Microtel is charging for the room. I verified that by calling the Microtel to get their price. Looks like we will end up canceling the Microtel.
That's about it except for Bonnie's attire. She is quite cozy tonight wearing thick socks, long johns, a sweatshirt and a comforter wrapped around her. The thermostat is set on 78!! She was standing in front of the warm air duct enjoying the air blowing on her. I am wearing a t-shirt and a pair of light weight leisure pants.
That's about it. Hope everyone had a great day. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment