Monday 16 January 2017

January 16, 2016

Bob: The high school I am officiating for bought me a new pair of officiating shoes. The shoes pictured below ran out of gas last Thursday. The high school coach had his mother buy a pair in North Bay and she brought them to New Liskeard Sunday. She was coming anyway. Their Athletic Director told me the school wanted to get me something for doing their games since I won't accept pay for them. When the coach told her on Friday about my shoes she told him to get me new shoes and that the school would pay for them. Picked them up this morning.
After I picked up the shoes I went to the French high school here in New Liskeard and officiated a game between them and a team from Fort Albany. Look up Fort Albany, Ontario on Google Maps. No roads into it. You have to fly to it. It is up on the Hudson Bay. Their team will be playing all the schools around here at least once for a week or so and sometimes more than once. This afternoon I officiated the game between them and New Liskeard HS. They will play again on Thursday.
Tonight we had a dinner appointment with Elders Cannon and Zobell. We went to 'Roosters' for dinner. We were very impressed with this restaurant. I don't think we have been to a better restaurant in all our travels in the North.
Also spent some time looking up motels and making reservations for our trip home. Just learned today that Microtel has a new motel in New Martinsville. We'll be checking it out Mar 10 - Mar 13
Well it is time for bed. Hope you had a great day. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  I did errands during  Bob's first game, and then baked a "snack" cake for the funeral tomorrow during his second game. I am also baking two pizzas for the funeral--each one providing 24 pieces. We think there will be about 80 people at the luncheon, so it will be crowded in our relatively small activity area. When we met with the other missionaries tonight at the church, I was ready to vacuum and put up tables and chairs. It was already done when we got there, complete with table cloths!
I hope tomorrow goes well. It will be difficult saying good-bye again to Patsy. She is a treasured friend.
Sleep tight everyone.
Love, Mom/Bonnie




Damaged shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment