Wednesday 18 January 2017

January 18, 2017

Bob: Got up and went swimming again this morning. Came home with a serious back ache. It hasn't gotten much better all day. As a consequence I haven't done too much today. Did take the car to the garage as it has developed a shimmy and something was hanging down underneath the car. Had the wheels balanced. Shimmy is gone and the piece underneath has been repaired. They did not see any damage from the 'ditching' the other night. (Of course, the ditching refers to the time we slid into a large ditch full of snow, and halfway up the other side on our way to Elk Lake.) Then I helped Bonnie with the 'Meals on Wheels'. She did most of the work as it just plain hurts getting in and out of the car. After dinner we went upstairs to see a potential, but he didn't answer the door. Saw him today in the hallway and he said 'it's WV', referring to me.
Tonight Bonnie heated up her rice bag and I put it on my back. It seems to help.
Another day of mild temperatures. While swimming today I counted 42 fishing huts out on the ice covering Lake Temiskaming.
Time for bed now. Hope your day was great. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie:  Today I spent most of  the day working on my "farewell" talk that I have been assigned to give this Sunday. It's early because of the schedule in February, with Branch conference and Stake Conference in the same month. And we have a young adult who is leaving on a mission the first week in March, so she will speak on the one free Sunday in February. I can't wait until this is over. I really don't like giving 20 minute talks!
Today, we delivered five Meals on Wheels. Most of the time we have two or three. It took us over an hour to do it. I like meeting these older people, though. They have interesting stories to tell.
Tomorrow, Bob has basketball games and I am going visiting teaching with one of the sisters in the Branch. It will be a good day.
May we all have a good day tomorrow!
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment