Sunday 29 January 2017

January 29, 2016

Bonnie:  We just got home from dinner and a visit with President Jakob. It's about 10:30 pm. He provided dinner for not only us but another couple, too. The problem was we were not very hungry because the RS President provided a meal after church as well. We have been well fed in this Branch, for sure. It's been a good Sunday. Bob's talk went well. And after the meeting started, the wife and two daughters of Brother Vottero came in. He is the brother that just had a heart attack and is still in a coma. She gave us an update on her husband, and expressed much faith that he will improve. We are cautiously hopeful.
It's late so I will let Bob finish, I hope everyone has had a good Sabbath Day.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: I passed on dinner with President Jakob. My belly was too full and I wanted to take a nap during dinner. After everyone else ate, I felt better and was able to participate in the dessert portion! The strawberry ice cream with extra strawberries was very delicious.
The temperature on the way home got as low as 1°, but warmed up to 7° by the time we got here. Personally I couldn't tell the difference. It is just plain cold and very white outside.
For my talk today I shared how the New Martinsville and Temiskaming Branches struggled to get their own buildings, but the growth has been very slow since then. I listed some of the stumbling blocks Elder Cook mentioned in the last conference, and the blessings we get for just trying enumerated by Elder Holland two conferences ago. I also shared 2 experiences of some missionaries in our mission to enforce the points I listed.
Well, it is late and I want to get up and go swimming tomorrow morning. I pray you have had a wonderful weekend and Sabbath Day. My love to each of you and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Here is an experience our Temiskaming Elders had the week before last:

We dropped by a potential investigator, and he wasn't home. A snow storm had just started, and, although we knew the right thing to do was to work the area, neither of us wanted to contact or tract in the discouraging weather. It would have been SO EASY to drive to a different potential. But, we said a prayer and knew we were supposed to be there. We were then inspired to drive to a nearby street, which we then tracted. Along one side of the street, we found two potential investigators. Notwithstanding the cold, we then tracted the other side of the street. The last house we knocked was J. and O., our two new investigators. I distinctly remember my thoughts as I got out of the car to tract the street: "I'm doing this because I love You." Out of our love for the Lord, we followed the Spirit instead of our own desires, and we were blessed with a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment