Sunday 22 January 2017

January 22, 2017

Bob: Church went well today. Bonnie gave a great farewell talk. Now I have to put one together. So many thoughts running through my mind that I'm not sure where I want to go with this. Putting some ideas on paper, but not sure it's what I want to say.
We visited Sister Huywan today. She is now 95.5 years old as of the 16th. She is pretty spry and seems to enjoy talking with her visitors. Has some problems recalling dates, but who doesn't that is over 50? That's fair warning to those not yet 50. You'll see some day, so don't be too judgmental now!! Of course this is not a problem with Bonnie and I.☺
Snow continues to melt and the side streets are all wet and filthy. I see where there was a lot of snow in Utah this weekend. Saw a notice that Salt Lake County basketball games were NOT cancelled. Also saw some pictures of snow in Daniel's Summit. Looks like you're getting more than us right now. Ours is coming though. They say February is the worse snow month here.
That's about it for now. Hope your team is going to the Super Bowl and that you had a wonderful weekend. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Bonnie: I'm glad my talk is over, but I know there will be others, maybe not here, though. I rewrote it yesterday. There is much sadness in our Branch right now. We are waiting to hear about one of the staunchest brothers in our Branch. He will probably pass away tonight or tomorrow. So hard!
We planned out our week tonight. We hope to see some potential investigators tomorrow. Wouldn't that be great? I pray we know what to say and how to say it--that we have the spirit with us as we talk.
I hope everyone has a good week ahead.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment