Saturday 30 May 2015

May 30, 2015

Bob: Another busy day. Woke up last night about 2:00. After lying there for several minutes I just got up and started getting the 150 letters ready for mailing (mentioned in yesterday's blog). When I finished those I had 30 more that I had done incorrectly. So I opened them up, made the corrections and then taped them up. Hope the post office doesn't balk at taking them. Finished all that up and went back to bed about 5:15 and didn't wake up till 8:45. Took a while to get moving.
Went to the temple today. The session started on time plus Bonnie and I were chosen to be the witness couple. It was a good session as I was able to listen without napping!! Afterwards we went home, changed and went grocery shopping. Another dreadful experience. Took a little sight seeing tour again because we were both sure we had to go right, but we were wrong again.
Finally made it to Caffe Demetre tonight. Had to stand and wait about 20 minutes on a table, but it was worth it. I noticed they're open till 1:30 AM tonight.
Hope everyone is well.

Love, Dad/Bob

Bonnie: We finally celebrated our anniversary by going out for dessert tonight. We went to a place close by called Demetre's, that is famous for its desserts. We each got a one-scoop sundae. Mine came with big brownie bites and Bob's came with white chocolate chips. The ice cream was in a waffle cone, in a sundae dish with a delicious marinated cherry and lots of whipped cream. It's the best dessert I've had in a while!
When we went to Walmart today an employee came up to us and began talking about the missionaries and reading the Bible and wanting to know how to pray! The young man had disabilities but he is a sweet person. We probably talked for 15 minutes or so. We'll give his name to the missionaries and see what happens. I would imagine that some of the missionaries know him anyway, because he seemed fairly familiar with them and what they do.
I hope to get lots of rest tonight. Church starts at noon, but I will have soup to make and brownies to frost in the morning. I love the Sabbath Day! It helps me remember why I am here and what my purpose is--to help others come unto Christ. There will be a baptism after church and then the "Munch and Mingle". I am looking forward to being with the YSA young people. The challenge will be to learn their names, though.
May all of you have a peaceful Sabbath tomorrow, especially as we remember Elder L. Tom Perry. What a great leader and apostle of the Lord. He will be missed!

Love, Mom/Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment