Monday 25 May 2015

May 22, 215

May 22, 2015
Bob: Another long, long day at the office. Left home this morning at just past 8:00. Had a few minutes for lunch because I was trying to set up bank transfers from my credit union to my AFCU account, my landscaper’s account, and my account in Canada. Found out during the day that there was going to be a baptism at 7:00 in the building where we work. So we went to KFC for dinner and right back to the meetinghouse for the baptism. Got home at about 9:00 PM. And, the credit union finally called me back and said they could not transfer money to my Canadian account, but I think I have solved that dilemma. I can just write a check on my credit union account and deposit it into my Canadian bank account.
We don’t have to go to work tomorrow, but we have laundry, some shopping and then dinner at 5:30 with some other couples. It will be another busy day. And Sunday will probably be busy also. Still don’t know how to get to the meetinghouse. I have been there once, but don’t know the way. The fastest way there requires we take route 407. I have always avoided taking 407 because it is a toll road. You either pay with a transponder or they send a bill directly to your home based on your license plate number. Found out this week that cars with Utah license plates do not have to pay to use the highway as the owners of the highway do not have a contract with the state of Utah to bill individuals. As financial secretary I’ll check that out this week. Several cars in the mission may be using transponders to pay the toll when they don’t need to.
The baptism tonight was really sweet. The lady baptized, Rose Baya, is French. She doesn’t speak much if any English, so a young girl who is the granddaughter of Rose’s friend translated for her as others were speaking. At the end of the service Rose shared her feelings and bore her testimony as the young girl translated for those listening.
Bonnie and I just finished watching our first DVD. Some elders left a bunch of church movies at their apartment. We watched ‘The Mountain of the Lord’ tonight.
Good night and love to all.
Bonnie:  I am exhausted tonight. But, staying for the baptism was worth it. How grateful I am to be here! One thing I am not grateful for is that I have what the people here call the “Toronto Drip”. It is constant congestion—sneezing and a runny nose. I hope I can get this over with!
I hope that everyone has had a wonderful day!
Love,
Bonnie and Bob/Dad and Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment