Tuesday 26 May 2015

May 26, 2015

Bob: I am very, very happy to report that I am online and writing from home tonight. We should be more prompt in posting our new adventures. Tomorrow will be our last day of training. The reins will be handed over to us tomorrow afternoon. I have more concern for Bonnie than I do for myself though. If I can't do something or if I do something wrong with the accounting work I know someone will eventually send me a nasty-gram and it can be fixed. Bonnie has a lot of things that just come up and she needs to figure a way to get them done. She has some routine things, but a lot of original things. Thankfully though I believe everyone in the office is willing to share the workload and help each other. It should get a lot better within the month.
We got phones today too, but Bonnie's is still at the office. My number is 416-464-7552 and Bonnie's number will be 416-436-0332. I think we both have unlimited texting and I will have a data plan. It has taken a while, but we should be able to keep in touch. I don't think the Magic Jack phones will work though. I can't find a place to plug the phone into the computer. I'm not sure why as I don't think I have added anything from what I had in Utah.

We went to the YSA Family Home Evening last night and helped them put together packs that are be handed out for a food drive. There were several hundred and we got it done in about 75 minutes I think. The Bishop of the Ward just returned from San Diego where he served as the Mission President. He has been a Temple President and Stake President. Don't know much about him except that I heard he owns an insurance company and that money is not a problem. I think he owns a big fishing lodge up north somewhere. That I would like to find out about!!

I thought the internet hookup was going to fall through again today. The technician came up and then went downstairs to turn it on. He came back and told me the manager wasn't at her station and the security guard wouldn't open the door for him because he didn't have proper ID. So I call the manager and got her voicemail. Went downstairs with him to see if we could find Rose, the manager. Another security person was downstairs and she said she would go up to Rose's apartment and get her. As she went up the elevator Rose showed up. Took her about 10 minutes to find the key and she told the tech that she closed at 5 and wanted the key back.

The tech and I went downstairs then to the communications room. We finally got the key to work. As we entered the room I told the tech that getting access to this room was about as hard as getting access to a Ward Meetinghouse Library!! He wasn't a member so I don't think he had any idea what I was talking about. Well he finally found the line and turned it on. So back up the stairs we went. He hooked it all up and NOTHING. He did some things on his phone, called someone, but nothing. By this time it was getting near 5. He left and said he would be back. He came back about 30 minutes later and tried it again. Still NOTHING. He said I will be back. I asked him he had the key and said he wasn't giving her the key till he was done. Before he came back Bonnie got home. He came back and changed the wiring and the fixture on the wall and SUCCESS. He left here a little past 6. Don't know what Rose said to him, but I feel like spray painting 'I WAS INSIDE' on the communications room door.

Hope everyone is well and that we get some updates from everyone soon. Bonnie is getting ready to go to bed early as we are leaving at 7 in the morning. She said she would write tomorrow night.

The building we live in

Lake behind our complex

Brother Pallin, who told about the history of the area (Is he Canadian?)

Standing by the stream where the first Canadians are believed to have been baptized



No comments:

Post a Comment