Friday 1 May 2015

May 1, 2015

Bob: We went on an outing with Dan, Misty and the kids today to a goat farm. They are thinking about getting some goats to raise for milk. I had no idea what all is involved with this. Nor did I realize what young goats cost. A lady showed them her goats and talked a lot about how she got started and what the problems and benefits are from owning goats. Its way more complicated than I would have ever believed. She gave everyone some goat's milk, cheese and yogurt after we were done. Only one of the children said anything negative and that was concerning the cheese. The milk wasn't that bad. I thought it was better tasting than regular milk. I cannot stand to drink regular milk at all.
If you don't think our healthcare system has some problems listen to this. I picked up a prescription at the pharmacy today. The item was sitting on the shelf and had a price of 145.99. I gave them my medicare card which paid 80% of the amount medicare allows for that item. My supplement paid the remaining 20%. The charge to my supplement was only 4.21. That means medicare paid 16.84 for a total paid of 21.05. Thus, since I had insurance the pharmacy has to accept the 21.05 allowable amount from medicare. If I didn't have insurance I would have had to pay 145.99. Wonder where this extra 124.94 went? Is that just profit from the poor soul that doesn't have insurance?
We are headed to Shippensburg tomorrow for Jonathan's baptism. It's less than 2 hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment