Thursday 9 March 2017

March 9, 2017

Bonnie:  We went on a tour of historic Boiling Springs this morning with Chris and Suzy. It is neat to see the water boiling up in the lake from the hot springs underneath it. We walked around the entire lake, and also saw the furnace where they used to make iron from 1732 to 1895.  It was a pleasant walk. Then we went to visit an art store full of items from local artists. However, we did find something done by an artist from Oakland, Ca. It's a fun store, with some very interesting artwork.
Chris had to go to work, so we headed home. We did some errands in the afternoon. and then I helped Evie make dinner--chicken parmigiana, linguine, marinara sauce and salad. It turned out well. It was ready just in time for Suzy, Jonathan, and Daphne to come back from their horseback riding lessons. It's been another wonderful day. I'm really going to miss my grandkids!
I hope everyone has had an incredible day as well.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Not much to add. I did find some carved fish in the art store that I want to send pictures of to our friend, Fred Field, in Englehart. I've lost his email address so I am trying to get it back.
Weather was around 60 today, but it's changing tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 40s with snow in the morning and flurries in the afternoon. New Martinsville also predicting flurries. We're supposed to stay there tomorrow night.
Well it's time to go. Enjoy the pictures below. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob
Boiling Springs

Founder of Boiling Springs

Daniel Kaufman's House is still standing

Iron Furnace used to make iron

My fellow hikers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment