Sunday 25 December 2016

December 25, 2016

Bonnie:  We've had a wonderful  Christmas day today. We picked up a less-active man for sacrament meeting today, enjoyed our service and then were fed a delicious dinner afterwards. We were very spoiled by some of the members of our Branch. Bob was given a back scratcher and me some very warm and thick socks. The Relief  Society President gave us a ham and some candy, too, as well as left-over mandarins from the dinner. Then, tonight we spoke to 6 out of our 9 kids. The other three we spoke to last night. I love this time of year. One of the best things was hearing 8 of our grand-kids sing us Silent Night on speaker phone.
I sincerely hope that all of our friends and family members have had a glorious day today. I just wish the peace we feel would last forever.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: Pictures from our Christmas.
Dinner participants from left to right:
Mike Dale, Evelyn Cambridge, Myself, Bonnie, Warren Cambridge, Elder Myers, Adam Ben Guenna, Kim Parks, Jean Guerard, Eleanor Ng and Elder Holden. Not pictured: Warren Cushman and Krystyna Korzonek.
One bad thing happened today. While we were having Church service we discovered there wasn't any water in the building. We finally got a little bit, but not enough to do dishes. Bonnie and I going back tomorrow morning to do the dishes.
It has been a fine day and one of our most memorable Christmas days. After the dinner we went to visit the Villneffs. Then we came home, had a cup of hot chocolate and opened our gifts.
I must explain about the back scratcher. I have some form of skin rash that is worse at times. Often I itch and need to scratch my back. People got tired of seeing me back up to a door frame to scratch my back I guess. Anyway, I am grateful to get it and get rid of the flimsy ruler Bonnie has that I was using. Have you ever tried to scratch your back with a flexible item? Doesn't work too well.
Hope you had the merriest of Christmas'. Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

Sister Martin's new socks

My back scratcher

Some of the Christmas Dinner participants

Our Christmas Angel decoration

No comments:

Post a Comment