Thursday 15 December 2016

December 15, 2016

Bonnie:  We left by about 9:45 this morning for Kirkland Lake. We visited our Polish friend Krystyna and then made several short stops other places. We wanted to leave something for Christmas with everyone so we gave them clementines in a decorative bag. The bags were leftover from last year when we provided some things for Christmas for needy missionaries. It was well received. We were home by about 4:00 and glad to get here. The weather showed -6 degrees Fahrenheit when we left this morning and it climbed to a wonderful 0 degrees by the time we got back.
Tonight while Bob is refereeing three basketball games I have been baking cookies. We want to give something to members and non-members alike. Some of the non-members we know we will give the church video "Joy to the World". Oh, and Bob bought 50 pounds of potatoes today! We plan on giving those out as well to members in need. We need to get these things out next week.
I'm so tired right now and Bob just walked in so I will sign off.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Love, Mom/Bonnie

Bob: According to the car the temperate is a -8 degrees right now. I have the oil pan heater plugged in just in case. Had to replace a windshield wiper blade today: 39.95 plus tax!! I am just glad they had it. I don't know why I bought 50 pounds of potatoes today. I meant to buy 10 pounds. Just another senior moment I guess. We want to make some potato soup, but not 10 batches.
Basketball games went okay. I can't get up and down the court as quickly as I would like, but I'm probably faster now then I will be next year at this time! Not sure if that is a positive outlook or not.
It was cold today just walking from the car to people's front door to give them the clementines. Bought a pair of snow pants at Walmart yesterday. I wore them over my basketball pants tonight. I'll be wearing them on the cold days over my dress pants from now on. Need another belt though as they don't have a drawstring.
Better get to bed. Got to get up early and get to the pool. Haven't been there since a week ago Wednesday.
Hope you are having a good day. The temperature in Lindon was about 60 degrees warmer than here today. I hope all of our Lindon friends are enjoying it! Love to all and good night brothers.
Dad/Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment