Friday 24 April 2015

April 24, 2015

Bob: Left Shannon and Michelle's at about 8:20. Weather was good for driving. We took our time because we thought we had time to spare. However, when we hit Atlanta things slowed down a lot. If it wasn't for the HOV lane we would probably still be in Atlanta!! Took over an hour to get through Atlanta and then, when we thought we were in the clear there were a couple of car wrecks.

From there on it was smooth sailing till we got to Macon. I thought I had the motel address plugged into my phone. We were very surprised when we were taken to a residential street and the phone said we had arrived. Realized then I had not put in the correct address. So I plugged in the address, but the phone would not accept the street name, Bowman Park. Gave me about 3 options so I tried one of them. Still no good. Went to another residential area that was quite run down. Decided to call the motel. They said we were in East Macon and the motel was in North Macon. Hotel clerk gave me directions to the motel then. We had passed the motel so we had to back track about 8 miles.

I had tried earlier to use our GPS and it wouldn't take Bowman Park either. Texted Lori and she found the address on her Iphone. Guess I need to switch to an Iphone. When I got to the motel they said they had been open for 4 years. When I went back to the check-in area to return the luggage cart the clerk was giving another man directions. She told me he said his GPS wouldn't take Bowman Park either.

At our 2nd rest stop in Tennessee we took the pictures below.



Bonnie: I don't have much to add.  After checking into the motel tonight we got some much needed exercise walking around a shopping area.  The weather here is just about right--not too cold or hot. It's humid but that's to be expected. We gave a pass-along card to a friendly lady, too, who was welcoming us to Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment