Tuesday 21 April 2015

April 21, 2015

Bob: Up at 7, not so bright and early. Wish everyone a great day. We're headed for somewhere in Missouri (have an address in my planner). Will talk to you later.

Actually, we're headed to Concordia, Missouri.


Got to our motel about 8:00. We just aren't covering as much ground as we used to cover. Maybe we're slowing down with old age. Could that be possible? There is an LDS Branch right behind the motel. In fact, the girl that checked us in said she has been a member all her life. The building looks like a phase 1 building. Maybe Scott Crossley can check that out. We are at 301 NW 3rd Street, Concordia, MO.


One thing I have found out, Utah is paying higher gasoline prices than any state we have been in. Even Nebraska is lower than Utah. In fact, Nebraska was the same as Wyoming. That has never been the case before.


I have to figure out how to update my GPS. It didn't do a very good job in Lincoln, Nebraska. We were trying to go from I-80 to Nebraska 2 which runs over to I-29. For some reason the GPS did not want me on route 2. We got most of the way to I-29 before the GPS quit trying to get me to turn around and go another route.


We are looking forward to sleeping in and arriving at Shannon and Michelle's late tomorrow afternoon. We need a short day and a rest day. Then we'll take 2 days to get to Florida.

2 comments:

  1. We are getting excited to see you in Florida! Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to get to Florida too. Don't want any more fallen trees. Was that on the bike trail or a highway?

      Delete